I’m Rochelle Marie...
and I love working with amazing women who are ready to move into that role where they can make a difference as a leader.
It's inspiring seeing them gain clarity and confidence in who they are (both as a woman and a leader) and watching them take control of their career, their leadership journey, and often their life.
Sounds good, right?
What got me started on this journey?
After returning to my career from a 12 year gap where I raised my children and worked in ‘just jobs’, I started getting frustrated with the pace in which I was progressing when I knew I had more to give.
So, after a particularly crazy recruitment process where (spoiler alert) I didn't get the job, I took the time (and I mean, a LOT of time) to work out what was really going on and I discovered 3 powerful lessons:
- The traditional ways we are told lead to promotion and leadership roles don’t work for women the same way they do for men.
- Knowing and embracing who you are BEing is powerful – don’t let someone else’s story become your own. Your life, your rules.
- It takes a village to raise a child, and it takes a village to support and guide women to embrace the leader within and make a difference to those who are inspired to follow her.
Let's start with your village
Join me and the other beautiful aspiring leaders in the private facebook group.
Here’s just some of the things the ladies are saying in the group…
“Love your passion, courage and tenacity Rochelle. Thank you for your heart and actions!”
“I love that you’re looking at this! This is truly important”
“Rochelle Marie hmmm. Good call. Let me ‘whiteboard’ that one and I’ll get back to you (it’s just the way I work lol)”
"What every working mum needs"
A little more about me
- I led a team of volunteers working in the Athletes Village at the Sydney Olympics (how is that 20 years ago?)
- I have an entrepreneurial (and intrepreneurial) spirit, kicked off as a 10 year old girl, selling flowers out the front of my great-grandmother’s house (beautiful Chrysanthemums my father used to grow) along with the occasional pumpkin.
- I am a coffee snob and not ashamed to admit it, always in search of the perfect latte from random coffee shops my husband and I find on our travels
- I published and sold a book in five countries helping Mumpreneurs find the time for business and family (without losing their sanity!).
- I have been interviewed live on breakfast TV (what a very strange experience that was!), and by radio stations and podcast hosts. I love talking about women in leadership!
- To live and work somewhere in the south of France for at least 3 months. I have visions of cobblestoned streets, lattes and croissants at an outdoor café table, typing away on my laptop (not a romantic at all)
- To have lunch with Jacinda Ardern (not a comment on her politics, just her ability to lead a country through multiple difficult events)
- To empower and inspire 100,000 women into leadership roles so they can make a difference to others
- I have read more leadership books, listened to more podcasts, read more articles, attended more leadership courses, webinars and programmes than anyone I know. In other words, I’m a leadership nerd.
- Not only have I become obsessive in learning about leadership, but I have been a leader for many years, and am priviliged to still be in a leadership role now.
- I have a Psychology degree and a Post Grad diploma in Career Development and Education.
- I’m driven by my passionate belief that nobody should be made to suffer through a bad leader and that women have the ability to be (and are already) the best leaders in the world. They just need to take their career into their own hands (with some supportive guidance).
- Most of all - I care about you, and I know I will see more for you right now than you will see for yourself xx